Tuesday 13 March 2012

I'm going to Disney World!!!

Yesterday, I got up and got the train back to Uni in Preston after being home for the weekend, as soon as I got back to my flat, everyone had received their Welcome Packs! Can't believe I only just missed them coming! I was so annoyed. Later on I rang home to see if mine had come, and it had, so I got my mum to open it for me and to read some of the things for me. I found out I get paid $7.67 an hour!! Thought it would be a bit more but the majority of roles get paid this amount and I think we get time and a half for working over 40 hours a week or something which will most likely happen. This was on my official job offer letter :) makes it feel a bit more real now that I have a letter directly from Disney!

I also really needed to get my Visa appointment booked in London as I didn't want all the appointments to be taken. So I got my mum to scan all the information about it and email it to me. However, the scanner wouldn't work, so she had to take photos of the letters with the Ipad and email them to me, but the pictures were blurry!  In the end I just got the Embassy number off the Yummy jobs instructions that they sent us a couple of weeks ago and got the information that I needed and rung up on my mobile. But that didn't work cos my mobile wouldn't let me ring cos it costs too much! So after ringing my mum and dad back, they decided to ring the Embassy for me to book an appointment, I was a bit scared in case they got it wrong or something but it all turned out fine :) My appointment is in the Easter holidays, which is good so that I don't miss any uni, and I think my mum will be able to come down to London with me :) I am gonna have to get like the 7am train as my appointment is at 11.30 then ill have to find my way to the Embassy from the station but I think I will be fine!

Now all I need to do is pay another fee for my visa just before I go to London, then I need to pay my program assessment fee to secure my job and housing. I think my parents are paying my medical insurance so thats not too bad :) I have also found out that Hoodies should be coming next week!!!! Can't wait, Im gonna wear it all the time haha!

Anyway only 84 days to go!!!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment