Thursday 21 November 2013

The Pre-Screen Interview

When I received my response, I got an email saying; 

After a review of your application the Yummy Jobs Team is delighted to inform you that you have been successful through to the next stage of the interview process.

I was so happy :) I had heard that this programme is hard to get in to so I was proud that had got through to the next stage! 

The email told me when and where my interview would be held, mine was in Manchester on the 4th October but they also held one in London. I think they just allocate you to the place that is nearest to where you live. I was also told to bring an object that represents my home town. I tried to think outside the box by bringing something completely different :)

I had to get the train from Preston at 7am on the day of my interview so I was pretty tired but also excited and nervous! The interview was held and Manchester Met Uni and a few of us from the Facebook group had arranged to meet in Starbucks down the road beforehand. When we arrived at Manchester Met at 9am we were given a presentation on the programme and lots of details and information. Following this our interview groups were called.

My group interview was at 12pm, so I had a couple of hours to kill. I went and sat in the cafe with a couple of others in the same group as me and had a chat about what type of questions they might ask etc. 

My group turned out to be really good, 3 girls and 3 boys and we all got on really well. Our interviewer was James, he is really nice and easy to talk to which calmed most of our nerves :) The interview was more of a chat really, just a group discussion to answer his questions. First he checked our availability for the programme and which role we would prefer to do, then we had to chat to the person next to us and introduce them. After this, some of his questions were;

Which Disney character would you be and why?
Why do you want to work for Disney?
How would you feel about living with people from other cultures?
What would you do if you felt homesick or if someone you were living with missed home?
How would you cope with the heat and the climate?
What is your favourite brand and why?
Describe the item you have brought with you and why you have brought it. 

We were also given a situational question about dealing with a problem a guest may have. There may have been a couple of extra questions too but I can't remember!

Once the interview was over we were all pretty relieved, we had all done well and were just hoping that we would receive some good news in a couple of weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment