Tuesday 19 June 2012

Earning my ears!

So it has been nearly a week since my last post! I never have time to just sit down and relax anymore haha. This past week I have been training in Caribbean Beach on the Marina, nothing massively exciting has happened but I'll try and remember what I did on most days :)

On Tuesday I had my first day at Caribbean Beach, I got told to go to the wrong place so I got told off cos I was late :/ I really didn't enjoy it at all cos my trainer was just ignoring me all day and talking to the other girl loads. I was taught how to get guests onto the different boats and how to dry dock the smaller ones. We got to ride out on the lake in the little sea raycers but dry docking was really hard. I didn't enjoy any of it really and went home in a bad mood! Haha.

Wednesday was another training day, I was with the same trainer but she was a bit nicer this time. We learnt how to fuel the boats and clean them. Not much happened really but I knew for the next 2 days I had a different trainer and everyone kept telling me how boring he is and that I wouldn't enjoy working with him. I went in on the Thursday and he was such a nice guy! Felt sorry for him that everyone was being mean about him. He was training me on the cash register so that I can give guests the right paperwork and then take their payments when they come back after renting stuff. We had to stay til 7, which was pointless cos it started raining at like 5 and the marina was closed anyway. So we just sat in the office and talked about random stuff, was quite funny!

On the Friday I had the same guy training me again, it was a Pirate Cruise day! Its where kids can go on a 2 hour Pirate treasure hunt with the kids entertainers, they always seem to love it. So I got trained how to do that aswell! Its pretty hectic to get so many parents to sign paperwork and pay while telling them the information they need to know about the cruise. We then just chilled until 11am when the marina opened and we learnt more about being a cashier and I had a go at a few transactions and I did fine! We also learnt how to cash in and back out in the mornings and the evenings. On the Friday night, I think we went to Downtown Disney to look at Cirque du Soleil prices, then we went to hour of blues for some drinks, non-alcoholic for me of course! We were there til around half 12 then headed home to bed!

Saturday was my day off! After having a nice long lie in, I went over to the pool to meet Kirsty, Lauren and Claire. It was nice to just chill in the sun and get a bit of a tan. I went back to my apartment early though to book the new Art of Animation hotel for my mum and dad when they come over at the end of August. Later on that night we went to Walmart for food! I spent about $60 but I needed it all to make lunches to take to work and stuff. Kirsty and Leanne then came round for a bit.

Yesterday I was only in work 9-3 cos I had my assessment to see if I had learnt everything right. It was so easy, was 2 written test which were multiple choice then 2 practical tests, 1 on dock and 1 on cashier. I passed so was quite pleased! Then last night I just chilled by the pool with Kirsty and Leanne for a bit. Today was my first day on my own, its was fine and I didn't have any problems! Yayy. Back in tomorrow as Cashier at 9 then get 2 days off!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment