Thursday 21 November 2013

The Application Process

So in July this year I saw that Yummy Jobs (the UK recruiting agency for Disney) were opening applications for the Cultural Representative Programme (CRP), this is a 12 month programme where you work in Epcot in the UK pavilion  to represent your hometown.

As I loved the ICP summer programme, I could not decide whether to apply for this again or to apply for the CRP instead, as you can only apply to one at a time. In the end I decided to go for the CRP as I really don't know what to do when I finish university. I also thought it would be great to go back and hopefully another amazing experience.

The application through Yummy Jobs involves;

  • - Personal Details
  • - Contact Information
  • - Education
  • - Work Experience
  • - Questions
    • Why do you value cultural exchange and interaction?
    • What is your motivation for this programme?
  • Your documents
    • Cover letter
    • CV
    • Previous Visas
    • Copy of your passport
  • Passport Information
The questions section took me a while as you have to write a good answer in order to get through. I did some research and tried the best I could. I also made sure I had an up to date copy of my CV and that I had written a cover letter. The application allows you to save your progress and go back to it which is a benefit :)

Applications closed on 16th September and I got an email with a responses on the 20th September so it wasn't really a long wait, although I submitted my application in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment