Monday 10 June 2013

One year later...

So.. it has been just over a year since I arrived in Orlando for the International College Programme. I havn't even been on this blog since before I left Orlando last August and I still need to write about my last couple of weeks there. I was so busy in these weeks that I forgot to update my blog, then I got home and went back to university so it has been a bit hectic! So I will begin with talking about my last couple of weeks in the best place on earth!

My last post was on the 3rd of August which was about 2 weeks before I finished my programme and went home. On the 7th August was my 19th Birthday!!! I can remember that I went to Magic Kingdom with Kirsty and Lauren, then  either the night before or the night after all four of us went to Magic Kingdom and they had arranged for my to make Mickey cake pops in the confectionery store, they had also bought me presents which was really nice of them! Over the last few days we tried to do as much as possible... including 4 parks in 1 day! It was hilarious but we were so tired by the end of it! It was sad to think that we wouldn't be able to just go to a Disney park whenever we wanted when we got home :(

Soon it was time for graduation - a ceromony that all college programme participants take part in. We got Mickey ears with a graduation tassle and certificates :) We also got to have pictures with Mickey and Minnie and a couple of other characters before heading off to Magic Kingdom for the last time! How we got to Magic Kingdom was incredibly crazy, but lets just say we got there JUST in time! Watching Wishes was so emotional, all four of us were in bits and looked such a mess from crying but we didn't really care. We all got out Mickey ears embroidered with our names and took some final pictures together before we left the park :(

The next day we headed to the Grand Floridian where we had breakfast with the characters, I got some more autographs in my autograph book :) Then we had to say goodbye to each other, it was really sad but we knew we would meet up soon! I also went to say goodbye to Chuck around this time, it was horrible to say goodbye to him too as I might never see him again, he was such a lovely guy :)

After this I went to meet my family who had flown out a week and a half earlier to meet me, we had stayed in the Art of Animation resort before heading off to stay at Universal! We had such a good time, I do love Universal!

So... that is what happened in my last couple of weeks in Orlando. It was the best experience ever and the best 3 months of my life! I really didn't want to go home. Unfortunately I couldn't go back this year but I am definately applying to go back next Summer! I hope it works out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment