Saturday 23 June 2012

Second week

Last time I posted it was just before my first day on my own as Cashier. It was on Tuesday and I was in work 9-5.30 which isn't too bad but the buses here are awful so I have to get a bus an hour before I start which means waking up quite early! I really am not a morning person. As I was in at 9 I had to sort out all the Pirate Cruise payments, it really wasn't that hard. I then helped a bit on the dock before opening the Marina at 11. Considering Monday was pretty dead, it was just my luck for it to be really busy on the Tuesday. We had a lot of customers and it can get crazy cos people wander off to fill in paperwork then another family comes up to the window then the first family has to wait again, but its not too bad. At about 10 to 5 so like 10 mins before we close, two families came to rent out boats, we can't say no but can persuade them not to rent boats but they really wanted to. This meant that I had to wait for the boats to come in which ended up being at 5.20 then I still had to bank out by 5.30, I ended up getting out at 5.45 but they pay time and a half for anything over your normal shift so I got 15 mins overtimes :) Some of us then went to Downtown Disney that night to see Cirque du soleil but we were too tired and hungry so went to the Rainforest Cafe instead :) They do such good food.

Wednesday was my day off, after sleeping til about half 11I finally got up. Me and Lauren then had a wander to Premium Outlets which really isnt far away. I bought a dress for $11 from American Eagle Outfitters, Lauren had work at 5 so we wandered back, really need a full day to spend in that place haha. I then made food at my apartment, then got really bored. I needed a few things so got the bus to Vista then walked to Walgreens. I then went back home and watched some Toddlers and Tiara's on youtube haha, I really was bored!

Thursday was my second day off and Me and Lauren had planned to go to Animal Kingdom. We got there at 11ish and went to see the Lion King show, it was so good. Then we did A Bugs Life and went to meet some Characters! I met Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, Chip n Dale, Russell and Dug from Up, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger :) Managed to get a few signatures in my autograph book! Im trying to get as many as I can while im here. We then watched Finding Nemo the musical, I saw it last year and it is so cute, then we went on Dinosaur, think we will do the rides another time. We also got Chinese food at the Yak and Yeti restaurant in the park. It was so good, nice to have a chinese after a few weeks haha. Then we managed to gather a few of us up to go to see Cirque du Soleil! We went to Downtown Disney, bought tickets which were $47 then got some food. The show was so good, I got a Souvenier Cup cos I wanted one last year but never got one. It really was amazing and everyone loved it. We then got the next bus home which was packed and we didn't get back til half midnight :(

On Friday (Today) I had to be up really early for my social security appointment which was a 6am, everyone was so tired, we all slept on the bus down there. It didn't take too long to sort out then we get the bus back, and I made some breakfast and got ready for work. My managers had said that it was okay if I was late and to just get there when I could. I started at 10.30 but didnt get there til just after 11am. I was so tired and felt so sick. I was on dock and it was boiling, luckily I had my lunch break, then did cashier for an hour then we had thunderstorms! We get weather updates through the radio telling us how close the storms are. So we shut the marina and all gathered inside for nearly 2 hours, they don't often let you go early :( We then closed the dock and I finished at 6pm. The next bus home was at 6.26pm but it never showed up, I was so tired and angry. I tried to ring the bus dispatch office but couldn't get through, and I had some woman asking me if I wanted to pray about it! Finally the bus came at 7.30, so I marched on and had a go at the driver, who just said that the weather is bad and so is the traffic cos Barrack Obama is in Orlando. I just gave him a dirty look and sat down. I got back to my apartment and stressed out. I needed to do some washing so I put that in while I made dinner, then went to put it in the dryer then ate dinner haha. Now I am waiting for it to finish in the dryer, then I can have a shower and get into bed!

I am in at 10.30am again tomorrow, I just want to sleep all day! Anyway I will post again soon! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment