Friday 8 June 2012

I'm in Orlando!

I have arrived in Orlando and have been here for 3 days! It has been so hectic and crazy so this is the first chance I have had to sit down with my laptop and update this. I'll give a quick summary of what has happened since I got here.

Tuesday
Well first I flew over to Orlando direct from Manchester, no delays or anything so it was pretty good. The flight was fine, I watched Jonny English Reborn and The Descendants so it was good except from the landing, we were trying to get through big storm clouds and there was horrible turbulance and at one point we started freefalling which was very scary! In the end we had to fly over Orlando and come in to land from the South. Anyway getting through passport control was fine, the queue wasn't very long and it only took about 5 mins for the guy to check my visa and take my fingerprints. Then we grabbed our bags and headed out of the airport, went to the transportation desk and had to wait about 20 mins for the next coach. We then got dropped off at Vista Way welcome centre and we went to find out our apartments. I got put in Patterson Court! I was hoping for this cos it is the newest lot of apartments with Wifi and modern kitchens. Then all the girls I had met also got put in Patterson Court which was great but we weren't in apartments together :(. We then got taken over to Patterson and shown to our apartments, 4 people had already got there so I grabbed a bed in the empty room and pretty much went straight out to go to Walmart as it was getting to around 7ish. We got McDonalds for our first meal cos we were all starving then I spent about $60 on a pillow, duvet, cereal, milk, butter, pasta, water and hangers. It was such a nightmare but we ended up getting back around 12ish and all going to bed. My room mate is from France and is called Camille, then there are 3 girls from HongKong; Heidi, Phoebe and Shasha then Becky from Liverpool.

Wednesday
I didn't have to be anywhere til 2ish so I had a lie in then got ready so head back to check in to sort some more stuff out. I can't really remember what we did at the meeting but then we had to go and sit in a Welcome session that went on and on about safety and alcohol and everything we already know. It was quite boring. Then later on Me, Kirsty, Lauren, Leanne and Lou decided to go to Downtown Disney and get some food. We went to book a table at the rainforest cafe and were told in would be 2 1/2 hours but when we mentioned we were cast members she said to come back in an hour! So we had a look round and I bought a pen, autograph book and some 3D postcards.Then we went back to Rainforest and got food, it was so good. We got nacho's and onion rings to start then I got ribs and chips which was so nice but I could hardly manage any of it cos I was so stuffed. The bill came to nearly $200! We then looked round again and got stuck in horrible rain before running to get the next bus back home.

Thursday
We had to be at a session by 8.30am which meant an early morning :( As we were going into the session I was told that my hair wasn't suitable and I needed to dye it. It was fine, its just blonde highlights, nothing major. Anyway I then found out I was working in the Pop Century resort! Bit gutted cos I wanted to be in the waterparks but nevermind. We then did social security forms and other stuff before being told to come back later on at a specific time. Mine was 4pm so as it was only 11am I went to Walgreens and got some hair dye :(. Then I went back to the apartment and made some lunch and dyed my hair. It was so ginger when I got out of the shower. I then went to my next meeting where I handed in all my paperwork from earlier and I found out I was on the Marina in Pop century so I was happy :) Later that night there was a pool party so we headed over to that and got free pizza but it was pissing it down. In the end we all ended up in the pool fully clothed and dancing to all the songs so it was quite fun. I had to get our after a couple of hours cos my lips had gone blue and I was freezing haha. I got a shower then to bed.

Friday
Today I had Traditions so I had to be up at 6am :( I nearly fell asleep in the first part of the class but then I woke up when we had a back stage tour of magic kingdom! It was so strange being directly underneath Cinderella's castle and seeing Cinderella in her dressing room haha. After the tour we went back to the  Disney University for more talks on safety and all that jazz. In total it was 4 and 1/2 hours but it wasn't too boring. My group had 2 funny guys doing the class so it was alright. We then got name tags! It was so exciting. Now I am back in my apartment, going to get some food then head to Magic Kingdom cos we have our free passes! Exciting.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment